6 Homemade Face Packs for a Glowing You
A glowing and radiant face is every woman’s dream. Each one of us wants to look beautiful and it makes us proud and fills us up with confidence when others compliment you for beautiful and flawless skin.
Our face is the most prominently visible part of the body and it should be well taken care of if we want to look beautiful. Women go to beauty salons, spend loads of money in order to get that glow which can fetch her a lot of praise and compliments. But, homemade face packs are cheaper and have no side effects.
We usually ignore the fact that there are a lot of face packs that can easily be made from the ingredients available in our kitchen. Some homemade face packs yield wonderful results.
- Turmeric and gram flour pack – We start with one of the most easily available face masks. It not only acts as a natural bleach but gives your skin a young and radiant glow. Mix half a tablespoon of turmeric and four tablespoons of gram flour and make a paste by adding raw milk or rosewater to it. Apply evenly and wash on drying.
- Turmeric and sandalwood face pack – An easy way to get glowing skin and cure pimples and acne, this is another good one for every skin type. Mix one tablespoon of turmeric with one of sandalwood powder by adding some rosewater, apply evenly and wash with fresh water after 15 – 20 minutes.
- Honey and lemon pack – This homemade face pack is full of anti-oxidants and has moisturizing properties. Mix one tablespoon of honey with a few drops of lemon juice. Apply evenly and wash with fresh water after 20 minutes. You will have glowing and clear skin in no time.
- Strawberry face pack – This wonder pack helps remove puffiness and dead skin cells. Mash ripe strawberries and mix them with a tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon honey. Make a fine paste and apply evenly. Wash it after 15 – 20 minutes to get a smooth and glowing skin.
- Mud pack – Fuller’s earth is rich in minerals and comes in many colors. It has oil-absorbing and antiseptic properties. Make a paste of Fuller’s earth and rosewater and apply it on your face. Wash it as it dries to get instantly clean and soft skin.
- Oats and yogurt face pack – A pack suitable for all skin types, it helps in moisturizing and exfoliating skin. Finely grind oatmeal and mix it with an equal amount of yogurt. Add a few drops of honey to it, apply it evenly and wash after 15 minutes with cold water. You will get an instant glow.
While using these packs for their beauty benefits, we also need to be careful and remember a few points:
- Always apply these face packs on a clean face.
- Wash off the face pack before it completely gets dried.
- Never let the dry pack remain on your skin for long as it can result in fine lines and wrinkles.
- If you feel any irritation or itching on applying any of these, wash the pack with cold water immediately.
- Always apply the pack evenly on your face and cover your neck as well as it is a continuation of your face.
Also read our article on Natural Foods for Healthy Skin.
Who says beauty comes at a cost or, it takes several trips to the salon and a good amount of your time and money to look radiant and glowing? Just have a quick look at the things available in your house and kitchen. They are pocket friendly, natural and can make you look like a million bucks! So, all you beautiful ladies, what are you waiting for? Start the makeover with homemade face packs NOW!!!