No matter where we spend our day, eventually, we come back to our home. We relax, eat, and spend time with our family here. We want our home to look beautiful, nice and clean. We feel proud when anyone praises our house for its decor and beauty. Decorating your home is not an overnight task and can be so full of emotions. Stop flushing money down the drain! Do it while staying on a budget. Turn your empty shell of a house into an inviting home.
Mike and Kylie brought a new house after marriage. It was a two bedroom apartment and they both were really excited about it.
They got expensive furniture and paintings to decorate their house. While doing so, they did not take into account the size, color scheme and requirement for their house. As a result, they now have many expensive items which do not fit well with their requirements and their house looks cluttered, not beautiful. Mike and Kylie now regret their excitement in acting first and thinking later.
Moving into your dream house is a liberating and landmark life passage. A house is said to be the reflection of people who live in it and reflects your love for your living space.
While decorating the house, many people make the mistake of buying furniture and other things by looking at the beauty and the price tag of the item and completely ignore the space, size and fitment requirements of the house.
To de-clutter your house, cut down your needs to bare minimum. If you want your house to look beautiful, you need to take care of some simple things so that you get the results you want. Try these simple and useful tips while decorating your home and see the magic.
1. Choose the wall colors sensibly. We often go with the trend when choosing the colors of our walls. It will be a wise decision to choose colors that you will not grow bored of, will look sober, match your taste and also make the space look bigger. Color is one of the most important areas for launching your decor and it should be one of the first steps that you take while decorating your home.
2. The lighting does the trick. Like the wall colors, the lighting of the house is equally important. If the house is well lit and bright, the house will look big and beautiful.
3. Do not buy all furniture and decorative items all together. Many of us make the mistake of buying every piece of furniture and decor all at once. We give in to our temptation of buying everything nice and fancy. Give yourself some time and buy stuff in parts. You will save yourself a lot of money and you’ll buy things that compliment your core choices.
4. All fancy items do not fit the bill. Everyone would love to decorate their house with the most expensive and beautiful items fitting their budget. But wait, is that piece of furniture or décor item really required or suitable for your home? Do not run away with your emotions. Be a practical and smart buyer. Remember, all beautiful things are not meant for your home.
5. Every room can look different. Some of us want our house to look the same throughout. It can make the house look dull and may not look suit the decor at all. Every room can have a different design and color scheme. It will give your house a vibrant look. It’s not necessary to match every single thing of the house. As it is said, “Variety is the spice of life.”
6. Always keep the available space in mind. While buying the furniture and decorative items, the available space should always be kept in mind. Also, the home should not look overcrowded. It will only look beautiful when it has ample space and adequately covered space.
7. Last but not least, a house can only look beautiful, if it is neat and tidy. The most expensive and beautiful furniture and decor will not appeal if not well kept and managed. So, keep your house neat and clean.
Decorating your home is an art. Don’t buy everything required to decorate your house in one go. Relax, take your time. Think about what you need, make a budget and a list and go for it one by one. After all, we do not decorate our houses every now and then.
With a planned budget and your creative ideas, nothing should deter you from starting your home decor. So, go slow and enjoy the task of decorating your home to make it your ‘home sweet home’!