Lose Weight and Maintain it Too
A famous proverb says, “A healthy mind stays in a healthy body.” Our body is a like a machine and needs care and maintenance to function properly.
A busy lifestyle in our modern days has resulted in the ignorance of this wonderful machine called the human body. As a result, many people are fighting the problem of obesity or are overweight and this phenomenon is common across the globe.
Lose weight and maintain it too. Losing weight is not as hard as you think. Make smart choices and develop good eating habits which leave you satisfied and healthy.
People are becoming aware of the negative effects of this increasing weight problem for our body. Many among us who struggle with the problem of carrying extra kilos are trying to get back to shape by a balanced diet, exercise and understanding that crash diets do not help in the long run.
Nikki is a software engineer. She got married a few months back. Three months before her wedding, she started dieting and exercising to get into a good shape for her big day. She achieved her target and looked wonderful during her marriage.
However, after that she stopped exercising and also lost control of her diet which resulted in weight gain and this time she gained even more weight. Now, she regrets her decision of not maintaining the fit body she had. She will again have to start from scratch to achieve that.
So, too, do some of us make the mistake of leaving all the good practices once we get into shape and this results in a weight gain relapse.
We can lose weight and maintain it too to stay fit and healthy if we remain conscious and follow these simple steps:
1. Eat healthy, avoid junk – The first thing to do for controlling weight is to eat a healthy and balanced diet. Avoid junk and oily food. Also, try to eat baked instead of fried food. It will help a lot in maintaining the calorie intake.
2. Exercise is the key – Not burning the the extra calories is also a major reason for weight gain. So, walk, jog, swim or join a gymnasium. Do what suits you for five days a week to stay in shape.
3. Stay hydrated – Drink a minimum 6 to 8 glasses of water each day to stay hydrated. It also makes you feel fuller if you drink water before meal and you will not over eat.
4. Avoid excess sugar and salt – Eating a limited quantity of sugar and salt will help you shed the extra kilos and maintain the lost weight. So, control your taste buds and check your daily sugar and salt intake.
5. Add lots of fiber and whole grains to your diet – Eating fresh fruits and salad and whole grains helps the digestion process and is a healthy eating option.
6. Do not skip meals – Many of us have this tendency of skipping meals if we overeat or if we are not able to exercise. This is not a very good idea as our body stores calories for emergencies in this situation. We also tend to eat more during our next meal if we skip a meal.
7. Eat small portions of a meal and do not overeat – Try to eat small meals at regular intervals rather than three heavy meals. Also, eat a little less than your appetite for better metabolism.
8. Have a light dinner – Try to have dinner 2 or 3 hours before going to bed and eat light so that your digestion is fast.
When you are not able to exercise due to time constraints or some other reason, always try to walk for short distances, take the stairs instead of the elevator, do not sit for long, take breaks. This will help you stay physically active and burn calories.
Everyone wants to look god and fit. It brings a lot of confidence and enhances our personality if we stay fit and healthy. Staying physically active and maintaining healthy eating habits go a long way in keeping our body fit.
So, it is always advisable to follow the above-mentioned simple habits even if you have already lost the weight because it will help you maintain your fitter and healthier self and you will look and feel more healthy, active and beautiful.
Lose weight and maintain it too and win the battle of bulge the healthy way!!!