Deep Tissue Massage – Medicine free Pain Relief
Deep tissue massage is a massage where pressure is used to release chronic muscle tension. It helps to release tension from the muscles and the connective tissues which are located below the surface of the top muscles of the body. It is usually recommended for individuals who are into heavy physical activities like athletes, those who experience consistent pain and those who may have had some kind of injuries.
Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
1. Reduces Chronic Pain
Deep tissue massage increases the flow of blood through the body reducing inflammation that causes the pain. It also helps to alleviate the muscle/tissue tension caused by chronic pain by loosening the tissue clusters.
2. Improves Circulation of Oxygen
Deep tissue massage removes knots in the muscle/tissues which may block the flow of nutrients and oxygen inside the body. The blockage causes inflammation and builds toxins in the body which result in pain and stress in the body.
3. Relaxes Stiff Muscles
Using two different kinds of techniques (which are kneading and various pressure) deep tissue massage is able to remove knots from the body. It eases out the muscles causing them to relax.
4. Removes toxins
Deep tissue message not only removes relieves body of cellular wastes but also helps get rid of lactic acid.
5. Pain relief in osteoporosis
Deep tissue massage gives a great deal of relief for inflammatory joint pain due to osteoporosis.
Points to Note for Deep Tissue Massage
- Always get your deep tissue massage from a qualified practitioner and at a proper spa or center.
- It is not recommended if you have open wounds, immediately after surgery, if you are prone to blood clots or if you are pregnant.
- Do not have a heavy meal before a massage and your last meal should have been at least 2 hours before.
- Drink lots of water after the massage to flush the toxins and wastes released.
- You may experience some pain and soreness after your first few sessions especially if you have prolonged injuries or stiffness.
- Arrive at least 10-15 minutes before your appointment to be able to inform, or discuss with, your therapist your problems.
There are lots of spas and ayurvedic centers all over India offering extremely high quality massages. Do a little research and enjoy medicine-free pain relief with deep tissue massage.