10 Home Remedies for Dark Circles under the Eyes
Your eyes are your windows to the world. For centuries, poets and writers have been writing endlessly on the beauty of eyes. The skin around your eyes is very thin and tender compared to the skin of the rest of your face.
Our modern lifestyle with long hours of working in front of a computer and staying awake all night can lead to darkening of the area around your eyes.
The dark circles around your eyes degrade your beauty. They make you look dull and unhealthy. Though many cosmetic products are available in the market to solve your issue, you can get rid of them with some very easy home remedies.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles
1. Every morning as you get up, fill your mouth with water. Retain the water in your mouth and wash your eyes with cold water repeatedly around 30-40 times. This will help improve your vision too.
2. Make sure that you do not suffer from constipation. Maintain a healthy diet on a regular basis. Include lot of roughage in the food you eat. You can get it in spinach, papaya etc. If you make a habit to eat healthy, your dark circles disappear.
3. You can take two slices of cucumber and keep them on your eyes for a while. You can also slowly rotate them around your eyes over the dark portions to lighten them and get rid of the swelling as well.
4. Soak Pigeon Pea lentil (Toor Dal) for some time and make a paste with some plain yogurt. Add a pinch of turmeric to this paste. Apply this on the affected area to see visible effects.
5. You can also make a paste with equal quantities of Holy Basil (Tulsi), Neem and Mint leaves. Mix a pinch of turmeric in this paste and apply it around your eyes to lighten the dark circles.
6. Orange juice and even carrot juice act as natural skin lighteners. You can apply them with some cotton on the skin around your eyes to see the effects.
7. Massage the areas around your eyes with Almond oil regularly before going to bed. This will not only help you get rid of the dark patches but also help fight the problem of the early aging of your skin and wrinkles.
8. Mix whole grain barley flour (Jau) with milk (not boiled) and a pinch of turmeric to make a paste. Apply this around your eyes and when it dries, mildly scrub to remove. Practicing this regularly will help you get rid of your problem of dark circles around your eyes.
9. You can also make use of used tea-bags to get rid of this problem. Tea-bags usually contain something called ‘Tanin’ that helps remove darkness around the eyes.
10. For a healthy body, stick to balanced and healthy food and include seasonal fruits in your diet.
If you stay healthy, you will be less prone to any ailment related to your skin. Follow the above-mentioned home remedies for dark circles and enhance the beauty of your eyes to get complimented.