Have you ever been in a gathering but felt alone? Have you ever felt tongue-tied when all you wanted to do was to interact? Yoga for personality development, is a topic gaining a lot of attention.
Personality could be described as a trait coming from within. Personality comprises of your behavior, attitude, emotional balance and your approach. A strong personality exhibits confidence.
Do you feel uneasy in a party and would rather prefer to be left to yourself? If your answer is ‘no’ to all these questions, it could be said that you are comfortably poised when among others thanks to your personality.
Personality plays a key role in the life of a person. You can identify various types of personalities in children. Some may be shy and some may be aggressive.
Some children will be go-getters while some children even refuse to accept what comes their way. It is essential to develop the personality right from childhood as it plays a major role in maintaining family and social relationships and reflects on one’s life and career.
To put it in a nutshell, personality development is nothing but developing skills relevant to make your life happy and successful. The importance of personality development can be gauged by the number of classes conducted to develop personality and the success of such classes. One of the effective ways to develop your personality would be to practice yoga regularly.
You could achieve body and mind co-ordination if you practice yoga regularly. Yoga not only helps to keep you physically fit but it also helps to keep you mentally fit and focused.
Yoga for Personality Development
- To develop your personality, you need to be physically fit. Unless a person is physically healthy, he or she would lose confidence and it does not help to improve one’s personality. A sound body is inevitable to have a sound mind. Yoga postures energize and oxygenate the whole body thus enhancing the performance of all the organs.
- Yoga and breathing practices activate your brain and improve the performance of your brain. Yoga enhances memory power as well. Your concentration improves with yoga practices and this would help you in understanding things better.
- Being emotionally charged does not help a person to handle things better. If you maintain a state of calm while facing tough times, you will be able to make better decisions. Yoga helps to keep you calm and composed and thus you will never experience a moment when you had taken a decision in a fit of fury.
- Yoga inculcates self-disciple in the practitioner thus contributing to personality development.
- It improves self-confidence.
- Yoga relieves stress and enhances clarity of thoughts. A stressed mind cannot think clearly. Yoga keeps you stress-free and helps you to handle things better.
- As yoga and breathing techniques stimulate right and left brains, your overall performance improves, which gives your personality a great boost.
- Yoga helps you to identify the inner you so that your life and perceptions get elevated to a higher plane.
- Yama, Niyama, Dharana and Dhyana are some of the yogic practices, which contribute to the mental fitness of the practitioner. Yama is all about moral principles, Niyama is about introspection and contentment, Dharana focuses on awareness and Dhyana is all about meditation. These yogic practices help to develop your overall personality as it elevates your mind to a higher level.
Conclusion – Yoga for Personality Development
Yoga is not just an art. It is science and it is life style. Maintaining perfect health, proper mental development and ability to manage emotions are essential to improve your personality.
Yoga provides all this and more. It keeps you balanced and composed, it alleviates your physical sufferings, mental stress and negative thoughts. It helps to keep you focused and ultimately leads you to enjoy perfect harmony.
Thus, including yoga in your day to day life can enhance your personality.